Social networking (through internet) is amazing in that our contact withs anyone in the world cann’t be limited. Blogging is certainly a wonderful way of social networking to access others thoughts and experience.
Through a few clicks i accessed to a few current chinese MBA students at Berkeley. I believe they enbrace the idea to share their thoughts and learning experience through their blogs.
I’d like to share their links here and their study and life with Berkeley Haas Business school for sure are very interesting and tempting.
I should seriouly try my best to give a shoot for Haas.
Come accross a post about career advices which is really meaningful. Refer to http://www.bayjinger.com/2009/10/20/career-advice-from-qi-lu-president-of-microsoft-online-services/
As for career advice, Qi was like an encyclopedia of idioms and metaphors-
* Chance favors the prepared. (Always work hard.)
* Opportunities are like buses – if you miss one, there’s always the next one. (So don’t worry and always look ahead!)
* No bus will take you straight to your end goal. Think about “will this bus get me closer?” instead of “will this bus get me there?” (Think about your career in phases, and work towards intermediate goals which will help you get closer to your long-term goal. I really, really liked this metaphor.)
* Keep your head above the cloud, and your feet on the ground. (Have the big vision, and work hard consistently.)
* Make yourself uncomfortable. (Push yourself out of your comfort zone – if you’re comfortable, you’re not learning.)
* Be good at letting things go. (Be willing and open to sharing.)